Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023. Ancestry.com Operations Inc. has established a scholarship program to assist current undergraduate students who will be enrolled full-time Spring 2023 semester at specific universities. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
This program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarships and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Eligibility of Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship
Applicants to the Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship Program must:
- Be a current college undergraduate
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at one of the following universities for the Spring 2023 semester/term:
- Bowie State University
- University of Arizona
- Florida International University
- Hampton University
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent
- Self-identify as Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Hispanic or Latino, Asian, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Be pursuing a degree in an eligible field**
**Eligible fields include: Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Life Sciences, Marketing, Finance, and Business. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Ancestry employees and their immediate family members (spouses, children, and grandchildren) are ineligible. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Awards of Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $2,500 award. Up to eight (8) awards will be granted. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Provided there are qualified applicants, 2 recipients will be selected from each school. If each school does not receive enough qualified applications to grant 2 awards, those awards may be granted to qualified applicants at another of the eligible schools. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Recipients may be offered internships during pursuit of their degree and/or career opportunities with Ancestry.com Operations Inc. upon graduation. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
All applicants will be notified in December.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Ancestry.com Operations Inc. Payment is made in January. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
Financial need will not be considered.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Ancestry.com Operations Inc. play a part in the selection.
Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Required Materials for Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken. Ancestry’s HistoryMakers Scholarship USA 2023
Your application is not complete unless all required materials are submitted electronically.
For more scholarships