Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships are being offered for MS and Ph.D. Research training. The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (Foreign) are designed to help overseas students pursue a research-based higher-level degree at Flinders University. An overseas school fee offset, a living stipend, and Overseas Health Care coverage are all included in the AGRTPS. Please keep in mind that the AGRTPS is a Commonwealth Endorsed Scholarship for visa reasons. Each year, a small amount of AGRTPS scholarships (up to 5) are offered, and the scholarship round is quite challenging. The AGRTPS is granted to applicants who have shown a strong ability to do research. Academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance are all taken into account when selecting AGRTPS.
For a Research Doctorate degree, the scholarship is renewable for up to three years, and for a Research Masters’s degree, it is renewable for up to two years. Successful candidates must be full-time students who are starting a higher degree through research for the first time in Australia.
To assist prevent the spread of COVID-19, Australia’s borders are now restricted, and entrance to the country is heavily monitored. Only those who are entitled to or have been issued individual permission are allowed to go to Australia.
Travel bans are prone to revision as the situation around COVID-19 develops. You can keep up with the newest developments by visiting this page on a frequent basis:
Benefits of Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships:
- The awards allow properly potential candidates to begin a full-time research-based Higher Degree.
- The AGRTPS pays Flinders University’s foreign student tuition expenses for a Higher Degree by Research.
- The AGRTPS provides a tuition price offset for overseas students, a living stipend of $28,597 (2021 rate), which is tax-free and adjusted yearly, and Overseas Health Care coverage.
- An AGRTPS student moving to Adelaide from another country is entitled to an establishment allowance of up to $1,485 (after arrival at Flinders) to help with relocation fees and flights, providing receipts that can be presented.
- Candidates must fulfill the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters’s degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Candidates are expected to have achieved a degree at least comparable to an Australian First Class Honors degree.
- Candidates must have satisfied the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for foreign scholars at the time of application.
- Candidates must not contain a comparable Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only permitted to students starting a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Candidates must not endure Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship.
Apply for Admission
Closing Date: 6 August 2021 at 5pm Australian Time,
For more Detailed Info, please visit