Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships, funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), enable outstanding and motivated individuals to achieve the knowledge and skills essential for sustainable development and are aimed at those who would not be able to study in the UK otherwise.
Contribute to Commonwealth countries’ development needs by funding research that has a developmental impact. These scholarships will also improve individual teaching and research capacity in Commonwealth countries, resulting in increased institutional capacity in academic and other sectors, as well as contribute to UK higher education and research by attracting high-caliber foreign candidates.
Commonwealth (CW) Scholarships are available for full-time study (Masters and Ph.D.) in the United Kingdom for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are divided into six categories:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
The following websites provide comprehensive information about Commonwealth scholarship programs, eligibility, financial coverage/benefits, duration, and further classification of study themes (please read thoroughly before applying)
For Masters Click Here
For Ph.D. Click Here
For more Scholarships Information Click Here
Course Level: MS and Ph.D.
Deadline: 1st November 2021 (1600 Hours Pakistan Standard Time)
Eligibility of COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MASTERS & Ph.D. 2022
- To be eligible for these scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K and a Pakistani national. Dual citizens are ineligible.
- By the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2022, you must be ready to begin your academic studies in the UK.
- By the deadline for applications, applicants for Master’s scholarships must have a first-class degree in a relevant postgraduate qualification (16 years Bachelor’s/degree) master’s in the relevant field of study.
- By the deadline for applications, applicants for Ph.D. scholarships must have a first-class degree in a relevant postgraduate qualification in the relevant field of study.
- Candidates are allowed a maximum of 2-second divisions, however, they must not have a second division in their terminal/last degree.
- Candidates must apply under one of the themes listed above and on the CSC website, and their subject of study must be relevant to Pakistan’s future development needs.
- Before September/October 2022, do not register for a Master’s or Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., in a UK university.
- NOT have started and be enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. program, or an MPhil program leading to a Ph.D. program, in your own country or elsewhere.
- Have at least one potential supervisor from a UK university indicated on your application form to back you up (For a Ph.D.).
- I’ve sent all supporting documents in the proper format.
- Without this scholarship, you would be unable to afford to study in the United Kingdom.
- Two references were sent to the UK application procedure via the internet.
- A minimum of 70% in the HEC Aptitude Test is required (HAT).
How To Apply for COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MASTERS & Ph.D. 2022
Because the online application system will be extremely active in the days leading up to the application deadline, you should complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Applicants must submit their applications online using the Commonwealth and HEC portals. If an applicant fails to complete online application forms on BOTH of the websites listed in Steps (1) and (2) below, their application will be rejected.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Apply online to Commonwealth (CW) Scholarship for Master & Doctoral studies (Ph.D.) through their Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
Step – 2 (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at https://eportal.hec.gov.pk on the HEC website. Please pick “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under the “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the web portal after registering and filling up your profile.
- Attach a scanned copy of the deposit slip for Rs. 800/- (non-refundable) put in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Sector H-9, Islamabad for the HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) to be conducted by Education Testing Council when submitting an online application at the HEC website (ETC). All payments to HEC must be done through the HBL online service, which is available at all HBL branches in Pakistan.
- Please update your HEC portal profile with your current email/cell number and updated information before applying.
- In any scenario, applications that do not include both the Commonwealth Application form and the online HEC form will be rejected (submitted applications must also be complete in all aspects)
- After submitting your HEC online application and Commonwealth online application to the appropriate websites, save them.
- Hardcopies of the HEC application form (along with relevant academic documents such as transcripts, equivalence for foreign degrees, statement of purpose, research plan/proposal, copies of CNIC, Domicile) and the Commonwealth scholarship forms (proof of at least 02 references & placement letter) should be saved. Only candidates who have been shortlisted will be considered.
- APPLICATION HARD COPIES SHOULD NOT BE SENT.
APTITUDE TEST (HAT)
The HAT test will be conducted by the Education Testing Council (ETC) of Pakistan. Visit the ETC’s official website at https://etc.hec.gov.pk for further information, or submit your question to onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk.
The test will be on par with the international GRE in terms of difficulty.
Approved HAT Test Categories and Discipline/Subject Distribution:
|Test Category||Disciplines/Subject||English Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning||Quantitative/ Math Reasoning||Total|
|HAT 1||Engineering & Technology (IT)||30||30||40||100|
|HAT 2||Management Sciences, Business Education||30||40||30||100|
|HAT 3||Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences||40||35||25||100|
|HAT 4||Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences, Biological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Physical Sciences||40||30||30||100|