CSS Exam Detailed Information | Eligibility Criteria | How To Apply
CSS is the abbreviation for Central Superior Service (CSS). CSS is a permanent bureaucratic elite authority and civil service in Pakistan that is in charge of civil bureaucracy operations, government secretaries, and cabinet offices. In all topics connected to the civil service, Pakistan’s Prime Minister (PM) is the final authority. The Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) administers this exam for BS-17 positions.
For more information about admission and scholarships Click Here
When the CSS test is conducted?
This test is usually done in February each year. The date of the test is announced in advance through advertisement.
The candidate can appear in this test not more than three times.
Services of CSS
The departments or services for which the exam is held to fill vacancies are listed below.
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Office Management Group
- Information Group
- District Management Group
- Commerce and Trade Services
- Postal Services Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Military Lands and Cantonment Group
- Income Tax Group
- Foreign Services of Pakistan
- Customer and Excise Services
Eligibility of CSS Exam Detailed Information | Eligibility Criteria | How To Apply
- The candidate must be a Pakistani citizen or a long-term resident of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an HEC-accredited university with at least a 2nd division.
- If a candidate has a higher division in the Master’s degree, he or she can apply for the exam with a 3rd division in the Bachelor’s degree.
- The candidate should be between the ages of 21 and 30.
- For government employees or candidates from recognized tribes, the age limit is eased for another two years, allowing them to be 32 years old.
Test conduction cities
- Dera Ismail Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
Interview conduction cities for CSS exam:
The interview for CSS is conducted at the following locations:
Selection Process for CSS exam:
The selection process is done according to the following sequence:
- Announcement of CSS Exam
- Compliance with the candidate’s eligibility criteria
- Submission of the applications by the candidates
- Written exam
- Medical test
- Psychology test
How to Apply for CSS Exam Detailed Information | Eligibility Criteria | How To Apply
- Every year in September, the CSS exam date is released.
- Candidates are urged to deposit their application money and obtain a receipt in the bank.
- Then, using the online form provided on the FPSC’s official website, apply for the CSS exam.
- Download the online form, fill it out, and mail it to the FPSC Islamabad headquarters together with the needed documents and bank receipt.
- Photocopies of educational certificates
- Bank receipt of the deposited exam fee
- Experience certificate
- If applied of relaxation of age, then submission of relevant proof by the concerned officials.
- The form to be filled is available on the official website of FPSC.