ECAT (Engineering Colleges Admission Test) is a multiple-choice exam that is required of all candidates seeking admission to Engineering Universities. Our study guide is designed to help you hone your critical and analytical thinking skills so you can ace the exam. Every year, the ECAT exam is held by UET (University of Engineering and Technology) for all public sector institutes in Punjab.
|Subjects||No of MCQs(100)|
For more information about admissions and Scholarships Click Here
How To Apply for ECAT
- Register yourself on UET online admission link
- After ECAT online registration, Token number can be acquired from Entry Test Tokens which are available in the form of scratch cards from designated HBL branches by UET of amount Rs 1300/-.
- The token number can also be acquired online with online payment of challan having Rs 1300/- through HBL Konnect or HBL online banking from 12th April 2021 to 17th May 2021. The procedure about logging into the UET admission portal for online challan can be get from admission.uet.edu.pk.
Eligibility of ECAT Step By Step Complete Guide
- FSC (Pre-Engineering) from a Pakistani Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education or a similar examination with a combination of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Only Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, City & Regional Planning, Architecture, and Product& Industrial Design will accept Intermediate with a combination of Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science.
- Only Computer Sciences, City & Regional Planning, Architecture, and Product & Industrial Design will accept Intermediate with a combination of Physics, Mathematics, and Statistics.
- He must have received (or anticipate to receive) at least 60% in Intermediate/ DAE or a comparable international qualification test, eliminating sports and Hafiz-e-Quran grades.
- He should have taken the University’s Entry Test for the academic session in which he is seeking admission.
- Because he will only be considered for admission in the prescribed disciplines related to his subject combination, his subject combination in the Entry Test must be the same as his intermediate (or similar) subject combination. DAE-qualified candidates are exempt from this restriction.
- If the candidate is applying for admission on the basis of a B.Sc. Engineering Technology or equivalent degree, he must have received (or expect to receive) at least 60% in the annual system or a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 in the semester system.
- In the “A” level examination, he should have received (or expect to receive) a minimum “C” mark in Physics, Mathematics/ Biology, and Chemistry/ CS.
- He should have received (or anticipate to receive) at least 50% overall adjusted aggregate marks calculated using the formula provided in the Merit Calculation section.
- He must be a legal resident of the area where he is applying for admission.
Selection Criteria for ECAT Step By Step Complete Guide
|H.S.S.C(Pre-Engg) or Equivalent including NCC ,Sport & Hafiz-e-Quran Marks||70%|
|Entry Test Marks||30%|
- B.S.C or B.A.SC
|B.Sc or B.A.SC||35%|
|H.S.S.C Including NCC ,Sport & Hafiz-e-Quran marks||35%|
|Entry Test Marks||30%|
- DIPLOMA OF ASSOCIATE ENGG (for fixed seats only)
|Diploma of Associate Engg. including NCC, Sports & Hafiz-e-Quran Marks||70%|
|Entry Test Marks||30%|
- B.Tech (for fixed seats only)
|B.Tech pass including NCC Sports & Hafiz-e-Quran marks||35%|
|DAE including NCC, Sport & Hafiz-e-Quran marks||35%|
The final merit list will be calculated as under:
- Entry Test Marks: 30 %
- Adjusted marks in F.Sc / Equivalent examination : 70 %
Merit of F.Sc (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics
The following points will be evaluated in order to determine the merit of an applicant who has an F.Sc (Pre-Medical) with Maths as an additional subject:
- The candidate is regarded to have passed the examination in parts.
- The marks earned in Biology are replaced with the marks earned in Mathematics.
Credit for Hafiz e Quran
- After a committee verifies an applicant’s final academic score in HSSC (or equivalent examination), 20 points are added to the applicant’s final academic score.
- Cambridge Certification equivalent to a higher certificate in (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) from an international institution will be accepted.
- (Intermediate) (Advanced) (Advanced) (Advanced The British General Certificate of Education (BGCSE) is a qualification awarded by the British (Physics, Chemistry, and Maths).
- F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with Mathematics as an elective.
- Diploma from an American high school (12th grade) or an equivalent.
- There are no age restrictions for applying to any Bachelor’s degree program.