Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme). The Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to support students, teachers, and scholars from ASEAN nations to study in China and to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN countries. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
There are 30 scholarships offered annually and the scholarship only supports graduates.
I. SUPPORTING CATEGORIES, DURATION AND INSTRUCTION LANGUAGE
1) Supporting Category
This scholarship only supports graduate students. (Master and Doctoral programs)
This scholarship supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. It covers major study and Chinese language study.
3) Instruction Language
Scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Please visit http://www.campuschina.org for registration and searching for the program and university you’re interested in.
II. SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE
The China-AUN Scholarship Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item on page 5. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
III. WHERE AND WHEN TO APPLY
Applicants should apply to ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat through online
registration form by 12 February 2023.
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia,
Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), and be in good health.
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- Have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese-taught
master’s or doctoral programs;
- Have acquired IELTS or TOEFL when applying for English taught master’s or doctoral
- Meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic ability,
language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
V. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Candidates can either:
o Apply to the AUN Secretariat for Chinese Government Scholarship opportunity
without any pre-admission Letter. In this case candidates can select their preferred
institutes during the online application process.
o Apply to your target university for a pre-admission letter and submit the Letter
together with application documents to the AUN Secretariat. Applicants with
admission documents will obtain the priority in winning the CGS.
- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for
International Students (visit http://www.campuschina.org and click “Scholarship
Application for Student” to create an account).
Please note that AUN’s Program Category is ‘Type A’ and Agency Number is ‘00005.’
Once the correct Agency Number is entered, the name of the agency will automatically
emerge. Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System
and Agency Number are provided on page 6.
- Complete the online Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print
one softcopy in PDF format.
- Submit all required documents through online registration form by 12 February 2023.
- Only successful candidates will be informed by email by August 2023.
Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered.
No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered.
Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those
without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
VI. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
a) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
b) Copy of Passport Home Page: Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1, 2024. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application. For applicants who cannot apply for passports before submitting their applications due to objective reasons, with the permission of dispatching authorities, they may submit scanned copy of identity certificates or official documents containing the applicants’ “English name, Gender, Nationality, Date of Birth” and other information.
c) Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
d) Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
e) Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements.
Applicants for other language-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, such as IELTS or TOEFL report.
f) Admission documents. To apply for master’s and doctoral degree, applicants shall provide admission documents issued by the applied universities. Admission documents include admission notice, pre-admission letter, invitation from professors, etc. Applicants with admission documents will obtain the priority in winning the Chinese Government Scholarship.
g) A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
h) Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
i) Example of Art. To apply for art or design related majors, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
j) Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
k) Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
*NOTE China-AUN Scholarship applicants are strongly recommended to send your application, along with supporting documents in English
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
After completing the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System, please submit all softcopy documents through the online form provided by AUN Secretariat by 12 February 2023. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
For more information regarding the scholarship application, please contact;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org CC: email@example.com
Office Phone Number: +662 2153640
VII. PLACEMENT & SCHOLARSHIP CONFIRMATION
1) Application documents of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
2) Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
3) After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
4) CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the AUN Secretariat, tentatively by end of July 2023.
The AUN Secretariat will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the scholarship recipients.
5) Scholarship recipients shall not be allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6) Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
VIII. CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE AND STANDARD
The full scholarship covers:
Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room). Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
If the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy:
• Master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
• Doctoral students: CNY 1,000 per month.
• Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
• Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipends until half month after the graduation date. If a registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving. Fully Funded! CHINA-AUN SCHOLARSHIP 2023-24 (Chinese Government Scholarship programme)
Source / More information: Official Website HERE.
For more Scholarships Visit Here
Note: For More Information about scholarships and jobs, Follow our Facebook Page, WhatsApp Groups, Twitter, and LinkedIn