Fully Funded PhDs in France and Australia, 2023-24. We are looking for 35 highly motivated researchers to kick-off their PhD journey both in France and Australia within one of our industry-supported research projects.
Deadline: 11 April 2023 at 11:59 PM CET.
As an AUFRANDE researcher you will:
• Be enrolled in doctoral programs at two entities in France and Australia, with the chance to be awarded dual doctorates
• Work on innovative projects of high commercial and societal value
• Be recruited under a French employment contract, including social security coverage
• Be employed full-time for a minimum period of 36-months
• Earn an above-national standard salary
• See the world with once-in-a-lifetime experiences, including a 6 to 12 months residential stay in Australia
• Form part of a rich multidisciplinary network of researchers and supervisors coming together in annual, autumn training schools in France and Australia
• Work closely and gain experience with the AUFRANDE’s pool of industry leaders
WHO CAN APPLY for Fully Funded PhDs in France and Australia, 2023-24
AUFRANDE is a PhD training program for talented researchers of any age, nationality, culture, gender, and sexual orientation, co-funded by the European Union as part of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA). Candidates applying for an open position must fulfil all the following eligibility criteria:
• Not have been awarded a doctoral degree. Researchers who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will NOT be considered eligible to apply; and
• Not have resided in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call’s deadline* (i.e. from 11 April 2020); and
• Not be already permanently employed by the research host for the position you are applying to; and
• Fulfil the requirements to enrol in a doctoral program at both PhD-awarding institutions in France and Australia (as described in each position description); and
• Demonstrate English language proficiency. Fully Funded PhDs in France and Australia, 2023-24
* Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention (1951 Refugee Convention and the 1967 Protocol), compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
NB: If you do not meet all conditions, your application will be rejected. For complete eligibility details, including special circumstances and evidence to be submitted, check the Guide for applicants.
Our selection process is in line with the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment. The consortium adheres to the principles of the European Commission’s Strategy on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men and promotes genuine equal access opportunities between all applicants throughout the recruitment process. Furthermore, a researcher requiring extra support might be eligible for a special circumstances allowance. Fully Funded PhDs in France and Australia, 2023-24
HOW TO APPLY
The application process is entirely online.
Candidates may apply for up to 3 positions. If you wish to apply for more than one position, you must submit separate applications.
1. Carefully read the Guide for Applicants, and the FAQ before starting your application.
2. Make sure you understand the position description and entry requirements.
3. Confirm that you meet all eligibility criteria.
4. Prepare all the documentation requested (in English).
Applying to an AUFRANDE position:
5. Create a personal account: register on the application portal.
6. Activate your account: you will receive an email with an activation link. You must click on this activation link.
7. Log in and locate the AUFRANDE Program.
8. Complete the application form online for the desired position.
9. Upload ALL requested documents: only documents uploaded on the platform will be considered.
10. Review all the information and submit the form before the deadline.
In parallel, remind your 2 referees to submit their references on the portal before 11 April 2023.
We require that all candidates follow the same application process to ensure that the selection process is consistent and fair: only applications that are complete, in English and submitted online before the deadline will be considered eligible. Incomplete applications will be discarded. Fully Funded PhDs in France and Australia, 2023-24
Applicants will be evaluated on a set of evaluation criteria including academic merit, scientific quality and research potential, ability to carry out a research project and work in an international context. Fully Funded PhDs in France and Australia, 2023-24
For full selection criteria check the Guide for Applicants. You can also download the Guide for Evaluators to see how your application will be assessed.
At the end of each stage, you will be notified by email if your application has progressed to the next stage or if it is unsuccessful. In case you application is not successful, you will receive an email explaining why and detailing the redress process. Applicants will be given 7 days to submit a request for redress. Redress process is detailed in the Guide for Applicants.
14 FEBRUARY 2023
CALL 1 OPENS
Have a look at the open positions and prepare your application
11 APRIL 2023 (DEADLINE)
Submit your application through the online portal and make sure that your referees submit their reference letters too before 11 April 2023 at 11:59 PM CET.
11 TO 25 APRIL 2023
Our Team will check whether your application meets the AUFRANDE and MSCA criteria
25 APRIL TO 22 MAY 2023
Evaluators will assess eligible applications against the Evaluation Criteria
22 TO 24 MAY 2023
NOTIFICATION TO CANDIDATES
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview
5 TO 30 JUNE 2023
Shortlisted candidates that have accepted the invitation will be interviewed by videoconference
EARLY JULY 2023
NOTIFICATION TO CANDIDATES
If successful at interview, you will receive a conditional offer and you will be informed about the next steps
START YOUR FELLOWSHIP
You will sign an employment contract and be enrolled as a doctoral researcher at both your research host institutions. Once admitted, you will receive offer letters from both.
To be considered as complete, your application must comprise:
• The application form and declaration that you meet the MSCA and mobility criteria, to be completed online;
• A scanned copy of a valid photo ID (national ID, passport or equivalent);
• A Curriculum Vitae;
• A motivation letter;
• A scanned copy of official academic transcripts (Master’s or equivalent and Bachelor’s);
• The contact details for 2 referees, who will be asked to provide brief statements of recommendation;
• Proof of English proficiency, if English is not your first language;
• Optional: 1-page overview of your Master’s (or equivalent) research project.
Source / More information: Official Website HERE.
For more Scholarships Visit Here
Note: For More Information about scholarships and jobs, Follow our Facebook Page, WhatsApp Groups, Twitter, and LinkedIn