Update from 28 February 2023:
- Instructors and professors are requested to send their letters of reference to the International Office’s temporary email address: io_scholarships (at) gmx (dot) de. Students who have previously received the scholarship do not need to submit new letters of reference; however, they can do so if they wish to improve their application (e.g. if their grades have improved significantly relative to the previous semester). HAW Hamburg Excellence Scholarships 2024, Germany
- Students are asked to submit the most recent transcript from myHAW or Stysis that they have available from the period before the cyber-attack. Downloads from the iCloud to your mobile phone may contain versions of the transcript that were downloaded before the attack. Under ‘Sonstiges/Other’, please upload your own list of the courses, grades and credit points that are missing from your myHAW or Stysis transcript. If you have not yet downloaded a copy of your myHAW or Stysis transcript at any point during your studies, then please upload only your own list of the grades, courses and credit points that you have already completed under ‘Leistungsübersicht/transcript’. Please wait until just a few days before the deadline to do so in case the transcripts become available again by the end of March. HAW Hamburg Excellence Scholarships 2024, Germany
- You can request a certificate of enrolment by writing to myhaw (at) posteo (dot) de.
- The Mobility Online application portal is now activated (see below).
Application criteria of HAW Hamburg Excellence Scholarships 2024, Germany
You can apply for an excellence scholarship if you fulfil the following criteria:
- You are an international student at HAW Hamburg.
- You obtained your higher education entrance qualification abroad or you have successfully completed preparatory studies at a German Studienkolleg.
- You have completed at least two semesters (Bachelor’s students) or one semester (Master’s students) at HAW Hamburg and are still within the standard period of study (generelle Regelstudienzeit) of your degree course.
- You are not receiving BAföG or other government funding.
- Your average grade is at least 2.2.
Duration and amount of funding
The excellence scholarships are awards of at least €1,800 and are granted for one semester.
Summer semester: 30 March each year
Winter semester: 30 September each year
Unfortunately, applications received after these deadlines cannot be considered.
If you are applying for an excellence scholarship for the first time, you will need letters of recommendation from two instructors in your degree course. Master’s students who have already received an excellence scholarship during their Bachelor studies are also required to submit two current letters of reference. All other students who have already submitted two letters are not required to submit them again. HAW Hamburg Excellence Scholarships 2024, Germany
The following documents must be submitted with every application:
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Certificate of enrolment from myHAW
- Current transcript from myHAW with information about average grade and completed credit points
- For students whose average grade and credit points are not listed in their transcript (this currently applies to all degree courses in the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, with the exception of Automotive Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering), the International Office will request the average grade and credit points from the FSB after the application deadline.
- Copy of your residency permit (non-EU citizens) or a copy of your passport or personal ID card (EU citizens)
- Bank account information form
- Financial circumstances form
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, please upload them to the Application portal (Mobility Online) before the deadline. Be sure to allow yourself enough time. We will inform you about the outcome of your application within four weeks after the deadline.
Source / More information: Official Website HERE.
For more Scholarships Visit Here
Note: For More Information about scholarships and jobs, Follow our Facebook Page, WhatsApp Groups, Twitter, and LinkedIn