International students who are highly skilled and gifted are offered the option to pursue their PhD degree abroad. For the school year 2021-2022, York University is offering International Graduate Student Fellowships.
International students can apply for the award to assist them attend York University and pay tuition at a domestic cost. Applicants from around the world who want to study for a PhD at York University can apply and obtain this application.
York Institution is a Toronto-based public research university that is ranked 19th in Canada. It aspires to achieve its stated goals of excellence in research and teaching in pure, applied, and professional domains, where they challenge knowledge’s boundaries and structures while cultivating critical thinking.
What are the benefits of attending York University? York University students are taught by professors who are shaping the future of global health, sustainable business solutions, and much more. Students can pursue a double major or enroll in blended courses, allowing them to integrate diverse fields of study. York enriches its students by giving opportunity for hands-on experience learning.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2021
- University or Organization: York University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $5,500
- Number of Awards: Up to 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All entrants from overseas are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students are eligible to apply for a PhD degree programme offered at York.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled and accepted in York.
- The applicants must identify as international students.
- The applicants must hold previous education certification in the relevant field of study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply for their preferred programme through the online application process of the university. The students can also apply through OUAC. To apply and avail of the program, the students are required to make a Student Financial Profile.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Official academic transcripts
- Personal letter
- Documents for any previous academic performance
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an undergraduate and graduate degree certification with an overall average score between 70 and 85 or an above-average CGPA to be admitted in York.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 83
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 60
- CAEL – 60
- CAE – 176 from C1 advanced
- CPE – 176 from C1 advanced
- Duolingo – 115
The university will provide the selected applicants $5,500 towards the tuition fees of the course of their choice per year for up to 4 years, which will be renewably subjected to their academic performance.