With the Nicholas Tarling Memorial International PhD Scholarship, you can pursue your ambition of studying at Auckland University of Technology. For the school year 2021-2022, a studentship is available.
The primary goal of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to high-achieving domestic and international students interested in pursuing a PhD research program at AUT in New Zealand.
On January 1, 2000, Auckland Institution of Technology, which was founded in 1895, became a public research university. The university offers a variety of degree programs to international students.
What are the benefits of studying at Auckland University of Technology? AUT provides its applicants with a variety of foreign opportunities as well as the world’s greatest educational facilities. It gives financial aid to those in need and encourages them to do their best in order to build a brighter future.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
- University or Organization: Auckland University of Technology
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree program in Southeast Asia Studies
- Admissible Criteria:
- Applicants must meet the normal admission criteria and have received an Offer of Place for the Doctoral program at AUT
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record, solid academic references, and have demonstrated the potential for high-quality research.
- The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the University can offer supervision. Applicants should contact potential supervisors prior to application to confirm the availability of supervision for their proposed research.
- Applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements as stated in the Academic Calendar at the time of application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Participants have to take admission in a doctoral degree program at the university. After that, they can complete the online application form for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Academic transcript(s) for any previous tertiary study that was completed at a university other than AUT, reference letter, curriculum vitae, a maximum three-page proposal, scan of the passport, and a brief personal statement must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: The aspirants must have a GPA of 8.0 or above in their most recent qualifying program.
- Language Requirement: Candidates have to satisfy the English language requirements of studying at AUT.
The Auckland University of Technology will provide an award amount of $10,000 to the winning candidates.