NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023. National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Interns will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG. NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
Our program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, interns will give a presentation on their experience at the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program. Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside NIG. Japanese language classes are also provided. NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
Who can apply?
Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor’s program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor’s program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master’s program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program. Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply. NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
* Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-prefinal students and students in a PhD course are not considered. NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
* The selection is highly competitive. 9 highly-qualified students out of over 750 applications were selected for 2022. The number of successful applicants varies from year to year. NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
How to apply?
We accept applications only through the online application system. Please read the “Application guideline” below carefully and follow the instructions.
Application guideline and Online Application
* The online application system opens on November 28, 2022 and closes at noon on January 6, 2023 (Japan standard time, JST).
* Students interested in applying for this program must read, understand and agree to the requirements of the program.
* Due to the overwhelming number of applications, we do not reply to individual queries regarding this website, the selection status, and the results.
Financial Support of NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
NIG will cover a round-trip airfare between the intern’s place of residence and Japan, a round-trip transportation fare between the airport in Japan and NIG, accommodation fees at the institute’s guesthouse. Living and miscellaneous expenses other than the above will not be provided by NIG and the interns must pay these costs by themselves.
June 15 – July 26 , 2023
* NIG covers expenses for the designated period only. Requests for shorter or longer periods will not be considered. NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
* For any internship opportunity other than this program, please contact your potential host PI(s). In such cases, costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the interns or their sponsoring institutions. NIGINTERN Internship Program in Japan 2023
For more Scholarships Visit Here
Note: For More Information about scholarships and jobs, Follow our Facebook Page, WhatsApp Groups, Twitter, and LinkedIn