PhD Scholarships at Michigan Technological University are being offered in Dr. Rizwan’s lab. In the disciplines of biomaterials, tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine, applications are being welcomed for fully-funded Ph.D. opportunities. Dr. Muhammad Rizwan, an incoming assistant professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Michigan Technological University (MTU), will oversee the selected applicant in the Instructive Biomaterials Lab (RizwanLab.com). The biomaterials and tissue engineering research program of Rizwan Lab is multidisciplinary. It combines expertise from materials science, chemical engineering, micro-nano technology, and cell biology to produce cutting-edge biomaterials for the creation of human tissues and the regulation of cell-matrix interactions. In order to improve healthcare, the ideal applicant will be enthusiastic about studying cutting-edge research techniques and expanding expertise in hydrogel-based biomaterials and tissue engineering.
Why Michigan Tech
Michigan Technological University, located in Houghton, Michigan, is one of the state’s four major research universities. Houghton offers a small-town feel with outstanding four-season recreational activities and world-class cultural events in a beautiful location. The Department of BME at MTU offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as a strong focus on research.
Eligibility for PhD Scholarships at Michigan Technological University
- Engineering master’s degree (materials, chemical, biomedical, polymers, or similar). Outstanding bachelor’s degree holders may be selected for the MS leading to Doctoral program.
- Exceptional planning abilities
- Strong paperwork abilities with a keen eye for detail
- Strong analytical, oral, and writing communication abilities (if available, please submit IELTS/TOEFL and GRE scores)
- Proven ability to work both alone and as part of a multifunctional team
Strengths in the following areas will be considered a plus:
- Synthesis of polymers and other materials, as well as chemical alterations
- Techniques for analyzing materials (NMR, SEM, FTIR, rheology, mechanical testing)
- Assays based on biology
- Mammalian cell culture and hydrogels for two-dimensional and three-dimensional cell culture
How To Apply
Interested applicants should email Dr. Rizwan a CV and cover letter emphasizing their technical skills and project expertise with a suitable subject line to [email protected] Kindly include the phrase “RL20211” in the subject line of your email. Strong applicants will be interviewed as soon as possible, but applications will be received until the seats are filled. Only those applicants who have been chosen for an interview will be notified.
Commencing date: Jan 2022 or maybe later