For the academic year 2021-2022, Tokyo Institute of Technology and RIKEN have partnered to provide qualified international students the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree through the RIKEN International Program Associate Scholarships.
This application is open to applicants interested in pursuing a PhD degree in Nano-materials and Nano-biomaterials at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. Applicants must be overseas students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field.
Tokyo Institute of Technology, placed 56th in the QS Global World Rankings 2021, is a national research institution and one of Tokyo’s top public universities. It aspires to contribute to international civilization, peace, and prosperity. Its goal is to build world-class human capacities through cutting-edge research and teaching in science and technology, as well as industrial and social management.
What are the benefits of studying at Tokyo Institute of Technology? Tokyo Institute of Technology has a wealth of information on Tokyo Tech alumni’ career options. The Tokyo Institute of Technology’s faculty makes a concerted effort to assist international students. Tokyo Institute of Technology encourages international joint initiatives and creates a worldwide research environment in order to foster world-class research. It collaborates with some of the world’s finest universities and research institutes and sends Tokyo Tech researchers around the world.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: JPY 5,200
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all over the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students are eligible to take up a PhD degree program in the field of Nano-materials and Nano-biomaterials.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The students must be enrolled and accepted into the university.
- The students must have enrolled for a program commencing in September.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must fill the application form of the university and send it via mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- Bachelor’s degree certification
- High school transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of motivation
- Master’s degree certification
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have successfully obtained a degree equivalent to a master’s degree or a professional master’s degree at a university or college outside Japan to be admitted for a doctoral degree program at TIT under this application .
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
The Tokyo Institute of Technology and RIKEN will provide the selected applicants monetary benefit in the form of living expenses of JPY 5,200 and also render housing allowance as well as airfare worth 1 round trip up to three years of study.