US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant. U.S. Mission Cambodia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions of Visa Assistant for the Consular Section (CONS), Department of State.
Applications close on February 03, 2023.
The jobholder serves in the Immigration Visa (IV) Unit under the Consular Officer in charge of the team and the Visa Supervisor, performing the full range of IV services for Cambodian IV cases. Also serves on a rotational basis with the Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) Unit for the full range of NIV case processing. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
Receives visa applications and supporting documents, prescreens cases, advises officers on Cambodia cultural and social issues, processes applications, deals with correspondence and explains the visa process to members of the public and provides interpretation for American officers when needed. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience involving the application of complex regulatory material, along with experience in public contact is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge of general office management practices and basic computer skills. (This may be tested.)Education Requirements:
Completion of high school is required.
LANGUAGE: English and Khmer Level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking are required. (This may be tested.)
***Note: Applicants must include all languages known to include Khmer language in the application.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have ability to deal with customers with patience and tact and to work under pressure. Ability to draft routine correspondence in both English and Khmer is required. (This may be tested.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- The Mission may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current employees of the Mission who have not successfully completed their initial probationary periods are not eligible to apply. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory or MBC score of less than 100 points, on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees of the Mission hired a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment. This does not apply for employees on a PSA (Temp), or those are hired on a When Actually Employed (WAE) or intermittent work schedule.
Benefits and Other Info of US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cambodia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
You are required to submit a complete online application with all required supporting documents by the deadline of each vacancy. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicants are not eligible and qualified.
To apply for this position click the “Apply to This Vacancy” button located at the top of this announcement. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site (https://kh.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/u-s-embassy-job-vacancies/). US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
Note: Candidates must first create a user account in order to log in, apply for the position and submit the application.Required Documents:
In order to qualify based on qualifications requirement, you MUST submit the requested documents as below by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position. US Embassy Cambodia – Job Announcement: Visa Assistant
• National ID Card/Work Permit/Residency Permit/Passport Copy, and
• High School certificate or equivalent.
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent), and
• Passport copy, and
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable), and
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language, skills, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email/telephone.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Phnom Penh.
More information about the job can be found on this website: http://ow.ly/zstP50MvTKY
For more Scholarships Visit Here
Note: For More Information about scholarships and jobs, Follow our Facebook Page, WhatsApp Groups, Twitter, and LinkedIn