Start your professional career in Japan with the support of Yokohama National University’s YNU Tuition Waiver program. The program is now accepting applications for the academic year 2021-2022.
This application is for international students who want to apply for a PhD program at Yokohama National University.
Yokohama National University, sometimes known as Yokokoku, is a national university in Yokohama that focuses on producing and disseminating world-class research in fields critical to peace and human welfare, as well as community and industry challenges.
Why should you consider Yokohama National University as a place to study? For international students, Yokohama National University offers an English program with a variety of subjects and classes that does not require Japanese language competency. It is a prominent school in Yokohama, a major cultural city. YNU provides a concentrated study atmosphere as well as excellent institutional assistance. It boasts a beautiful campus and low living costs, making it ideal for academic study.
Application Deadline: 12th June 2021
- University or Organization: Yokohama National University
- Department: Department of Urban Innovation
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Students who are entrants from overseas countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply to any doctoral degree program under the Department of Urban Innovation at YNU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a privately financed international students.
- The applicants must be accepted into the applied doctoral program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first apply for a new YNU login ID, and upon approval, they must complete the application process. The applicants must fill the Expense Plan Form and submit it to the respective department to be considered to receive the tuition fee.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Master’s degree certificate
- Career experience
- Research proposal
- Academic transcripts of high school
- Academic papers
- Award-winning works
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an academic record in high regard to be admitted to YNU.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to provide scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
The applicants will be given tuition fee waivers from the Yokohama National University to cover all costs of Doctoral degree studies in Japan at YNU.